2023 Event DatesRegistration, Skippers Meeting and Event Kickoff Party is Friday June 23rd
|1||Erie to Port Dover||June 24, Sat|
|2||Long Point Bay Course||June 25, Sun|
|3||Port Dover to Port Colborne||June 26, Mon|
|4||Port Colborne to Buffalo (Buffalo Yacht Club)||June 27, Tue|
|5||Buffalo Course Race (Buffalo Yacht Club)||June 28, Wed|
2022 Event Links
For event communications, please add your name to our Email List
Event To Do List
- Read Notice of Race
- Register for Event (Registration @ Yacht Scoring Link)
- Submit Files Required for Registration
– Boat Insurance
– PHRF Rating
- ArriveCan Reporting for Entering into Canada
Reporting for arriving in Canada >> Link: ArriveCAN to enter CANADA.
The Lake Erie Interclub Cruise committee is communicating to the fleet the urgency to ensure the completion of the required ArriveCan app, for all crew members (regardless of US, Canadian, other citizenships – if any) before they leave Erie – either June 22nd Wednesday evening, 23rd Thursday or Friday 24th.
*** All documentation can only be completed within 72 hours prior to the arrival in CANADA. The ArriveCan account can be created in advance. Passports and vaccine cards can be scanned in advance. However, the App only allows entry of “date/time” of arrival within the 72 hour window. For contingencies, I suggest that you pick 8 PM Saturday 25th as your arrival time (you can of course arrive earlier). If you do try to enter date/arrival time before the 72 hour window, the App simply won’t accept that piece of data entry. Steps / Suggestions: Using the ArriveCan application requires a stable data connection (WiFi or phone data plan) to upload scan of passports and vaccination status – experienced users may take 10 minutes – however, first time users should set aside a calm 30-45 minutes to – read instructions – set up an account –– scan/enter details.
- Download ArriveCan App to your phone – now.
- Set up your account – write down your login and account password immediately – put it in your wallet, etc. – you’ll need it again!
- As you progress through the App it is remembering the details that you have just entered – versus the “Save and Close” icon which “kicks” you out and requires you to log back in again – could be frustrating!
- Best completed (calmly) at home/office (maybe at the yacht club) on a kitchen table or other desk.
- Scanning of passports and Covid vaccination status using the App – Lighting, I suggest placing passport, etc. on a dark surface, good but neutral lighting, avoid contrasting sunlight and shadows.
- Continue all the way through the App (Continue prompts …). You are not Finished until you see an “ArriveCan Receipt Number”. I recommend that you, immediately take a screen shot/picture of the ArriveCan receipt number onto your cell phone. There are other ways that you will be sent the ArriveCan Receipt number by email and/or text. However, I believe the screen shot is the least frustrating failsafe way to recover it when you phone Canadian CBSA in Port Dover – using pay phones at PDYC or PD Outer Harbour Marina.
- Read Sailing Instructions (Posted)
- Read Event schedule (Posted)
- Provision your boat and prep your crews.
The 2022 Registration is opened.
I am sure everyone if ecstatic about getting back to our traditional format where we cross the international boarders and race as one fleet. Thank you to everyone on the committee who worked incredibly hard to make this happen.